Friday, February 28, 2014

DNP Project Ideas

I am interested in a pain management speciality as I have seen so many struggle with chronic back pain and the subsequent battle with opiates. It is my desire to help relieve chronic pain with minimal usage of narcotics. I believe that the use of pain blocks as well as a holistic approach may offer relief for patients suffering chronic pain. I would like to incorporate this interest into my DNP project.



Another area of interest is education. As many of you know, I served as a high school science teacher and coach before beginning my nursing career. Although, I believe bedside anesthesia is definitely my calling, I believe the God may still have plans for my passion for teaching. I am not sure where that will lead, but this was definitely a factor in choosing the DNP anesthesia program. With that said, I am exploring research literature on regional anesthesia training using cadavers.

I mean... How can coming to work to this not put a smile on your face!!

No comments:

Post a Comment