Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Anesthesia Machine Check

Well, After 9 month of talking about anesthesia we are finally getting to start putting our hands on some anesthesia equipment! YAY!! Okay, I know I am a nerd, but I am seriously EXCITED to start doing anesthesia! So, today was our first day in the simulation lab and we learned our "pre-flight" checklist. As a pilot's wife I can really appreciate this important first step to a successful day! Here are some pictures from our first day in "the sim." Much like flying, medicine has developed a similar education tool to help develop and perfect technique and emergency procedures. In anesthesia, "the simulator" is a mannequin that is very life like and has vital signs (HR, RR, BP, etc...). Our instructors can control the sim and allow him to respond to our actions. We also have actual anesthesia machines that we use to deliver our anesthetic to the sim. REALLY COOL technology!

Here I am.. Excited to get started doing anesthesia


My classmates (and the only other "Okie") in my class



My trusty sim partner

They think I am nerd ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment